Become a Spanish/English Medical Interpreter
医疗口译员在医院工作, clinics and healthcare environments where patients and healthcare professionals require interpretation between Spanish and English. This 100% online course will prepare you to interpret medical 术语 between English and Spanish. 使用同步, 连续, and sight translation skills you will be ready to serve in a variety of hospital and medical specialties.
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics expects interpreters and translators to earn around $24.每小时92美元，平均每年51,830美元.
- Specializing in medical 术语 and earning certification as a medical interpreter greatly enhance career opportunities for interpreters who wish to serve in the healthcare field.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates 19% job growth among interpreters and translators over the coming decade, which is faster than the average growth rate for all occupations.
- Develop best-practice interpreting techniques using simultaneous, 交替和视译法.
- Learn medical 术语 in Spanish and English and transfer terms into the opposite language.
- Understand social and personal protocols for interpreting on behalf of Spanish-speaking patients.
- Master the medical interpreter's code of ethics.
- Prepare to sit for a Spanish Medical Interpreter examination.
There is no formal education requirement for either language, but bilingual Spanish and English fluency is required.
- MEDICAL VOCABULARY - TREATMENT PROCEDURES, INSTRUMENTS, SUPPLIES AND MEDICATIONS
- INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENTS - WORKERS' COMPENSATION
- MEDICAL VOCABULARY - PREGNANCY AND DELIVERY
- MEDICAL VOCABULARY - PEDIATRIC/NEONATAL CARE
- INTERPRETING FOR HOSPITALS – PARENTS' RIGHTS & 责任
- INTERPRETING FOR HOSPITALS - TAKING CARE OF MOM
- INTERPRETING FOR HOSPITALS - THE "BABY BLUES"
- MEDICAL VOCABULARY - SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES
- INTERPRETING FOR HOSPITALS - CONSENT FOR CATH LAB PROCEDURE
- INTERPRETING FOR HOSPITALS - ENVIRONMENTAL HISTORY FORM FOR PEDIATRIC ASTHMA PATIENT
- 医院口译- osha要求
- IDIOMATIC EXPRESSIONS - ENGLISH INTO SPANISH
- INTERPRETING FOR HOSPITALS - ADULT HISTORY FORM
- INTERPRETING FOR HOSPITALS - AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OR DISCLOSURE OF IMAGING INFORMATION
- INTERPRETING FOR HOSPITALS - ADVANCE DIRECTIVE
3. SIGHT TRANSLATION FOR MEDICAL INTERPRETERS
- PRINCIPLES OF REVERSIBILITY AND NON-REVERSIBILITY OF MEDICAL TERMS
- INTERFERENCES – FILTERING SYNTACTICAL AND GRAMMATICAL INTERFERENCES
- EXAM TAKING TECHNIQUES - OBJECTIVE VERSUS SUBJECTIVE GRADING
- TRANSFERRING OF LOW, REGULAR AND HIGH REGISTER DOCUMENTS INTO THE OPPOSITE LANGUAGE
内斯托•瓦格纳 is a Certified Medical Interpreter as well as a Certified Court Interpreter. He has been teaching interpreters since 1990. He contributes to the certification process for Immigration Interpreters and Analytical Linguists. He is active in the professional and scholarly community for advancing interpreting skills. He holds a master’s degree from the University of Washington.
According to the National Council on Interpreting in Health Care (NCIHC), the interpreter's most important role is to facilitate comfortable and clear communication between patients and healthcare professionals.
一般, medical interpreters work in any healthcare setting where health-related interviews between a healthcare provider and a patient are held. Interpreters may also serve in other healthcare-related services such as financial assistance.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR EXCELLENCE AS A MEDICAL INTERPRETER?
- The NCICH lists six key qualifications for effective medical interpreting:
Certification is an assessment process by which a professional organization tests and approves a medical interpreter's qualifications. Certification includes the assessment of language, 术语, 伦理和解释过程.
IS CERTIFICATION IMPORTANT FOR MEDICAL INTERPRETERS?
Certification indicates that a professional has undergone a rigorous and well-organized program of study and passed a recognized examination. It provides a clear understanding of an interpreter's capabilities and commitment to excellence.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN "INTERPRETER" AND A "TRANSLATOR"?
"Interpreting" involves spoken communication while "translation" is dedicated to written documents. Medical interpreters help patients and healthcare professionals communicate through spoken conversations and interviews.